I woke up (late) to the sound of four children running in circles (literally) and throwing footballs upstairs. Before I had one sip of coffee, there was two screaming (and hitting) incidents. The heater was on (and the windows were open). Earlier mentioned coffee wasn’t even on (when I eventually made it to the kitchen to try to partake). Laundry is piled high (along with my list of things to do).
But instead of all THAT, I am going to focus on:
• Sun is shining (clothes can be dried outside = saving $$$)
• House is clean!!!
• Kids are off school (NO HOMEWORK!!!)
• 12 quarts of freshly canned green beans are sitting pretty on my counter.
• Sickness (strep and puking) seem to have finally LEFT the building (ha-le-lu-jah!)
• Lots more GOOD than bad, but I need to remember that previously mentioned list of things to do TODAY (and get.off.my.tail!)
So, today, I’m going to count (and recount and remember) my blessings and NOT my setbacks. I’m going to let the not-so-fun and not-planned circumstances float away and not drag down my mood (which is my choice).
Today, I’m going to put throw away my default Type A and put on a spirit of easy going. Pray for me because here goes nothing!
Categories: Life on the farm
My name is Ginia Oehlschlager and I'm a small-town gal from Missouri. Join me as I document my crazy life on the farm with my husband and four kids. I'm always looking for frugal, simple ways to live the life God set before me. Where faith, family and fun come together on the farm.